[NTLK] New Newton eBooks!

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 11:43:42 PST

Newton Readers,

Here, hot off the presses are some new Newton eBooks for your purveyance:

First, blog writer Paul English was kind enough to grant permission to republish some content from his web site. The result is the following:

"IVR Phone Cheat Codes"

This Newton eBook is a reference guide of "secret" telephone commands that can often help the user to escape from voice mail Hell and gain access to a human operator! By punching in a few secret commands or saying a word or two, you too can buck the System! (MP 2X00 and Classic formats)

Next, native South African writer Errol Uys has agreed to allow the republishing of some content from one of his books, giving us:

"Excerpts from 'Riding the Rails: American Teenagers on the Move During the Great Depression'"

This eBook contains excerpts from the author's excellent book about America's youth and their struggle to survive during the economic hardships of the Great Depression. Mr. Uys' introduction leads into four brief narratives by some of the individuals who braved life on the rails nearly seventy years ago. Damn fine reading, but it might make you shed a tear or two. It's powerful stuff. There's a nice bonus near the end of the book -- an interview with the author! (MP 2X00 and Classic formats)

But wait -- there's more!

From the collection at the University of Virginia comes a rather dry but interesting historical paper:

"The Dime Novel in American Life"

A bit dry to read, but perhaps of some interest to those wishing to gain further understanding of pulp literature and/or popular culture in Nineteenth-Century America. (MP 2X00 and Classic formats)

These babies are so fresh off the presses that the e-Ink hasn't had time to dry! They're not even uploaded to Marty and DJ's web site yet! So... send me a personally written e-mail inquiry. That's it.
Act now, and you'll receive an additional free bonus eBook!

We now return you to the revolving door of endless Apple product speculation....

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan (Sure seems like the Third World to me), USA