Re: [NTLK] Native installer for NCU and OS X Update

From: Konstantinos Theofilis (theofilis_at_macland.gr)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 15:29:17 PST

Hi list,

as I am mostly in lurk mode the past few months, I watched this
debate silently.

I have not exactly understand if someone has decided to make an OS X
suite to replace NCU.

But if someone is willing to do so, I would happily contribute my
Cocoa skills to the project.

I am no expert in the communication of the mac and the newton (from
Newton's side), but if someone takes care of the data transmission
part, i can write the rest of the app, e.g. translating the data for
iCal sync, address book sync, etc. And of course make the whole thing
full Unicode.

I think that this community has enough developers so that if they
cooperate, an NCU replacement can happen.

Just my 2p

Kostas