Re: [NTLK] Ergonomics question. How do you hold your Newton 2x00?

From: Matthew Reidsma (reidsma_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 12:02:19 PST

--- mkow1234_at_aol.com wrote:
> The whole recent keyboard mount question seems, to me, a bit overkill. Are
> there that many people who feel the need to carry their Newton, keyboard,
> adapter cord, dongle, and carrying case with them? If I need to type
> something that in-depth, I'll use a standard computer. Then, if I need the
> data on my Newton, I'll import it either as a text file or as an eBook for
> faxing or reference.

Probably not a ton, but we exist. My laptop is a Wallstreet--a monster to lug
around with me during the day. Since I freelance typing manuscripts and such
for area writers, as well as freelancing with my own writing, I actually find
the Newt/Keyboard/Handstand case combo to be a lifesaver sometimes. I would
probably think differently if:

a) I had a newer, lighter laptop, and/or

b) I had no good way to get the text reliably onto my machine. Fortunately,
NewtSync's notes sync works great, once you figure out where it gets
tempermental. As a backup, I can always email them to myself.

That said, I know that the draw of the Newton is not the ability to have a
keyboard--it's the HWR. But for those of us who just never found the eMate to
be the little love child it's been touted as (kidding guys, easy now!) the
keyboard/case combo might fit the bill.

I just can't justify charging someone by the hour for me to re-hand write their
stuff into ink text. :)

-----
Matthew Reidsma
Boston, MA U.S.A.