Re: [NTLK] Euro power adapter anyone

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 07:17:36 PST

> hence the setup in the picture.

Pictures, like all attachments, do not make it to the list. Can you
upload it somewhere and provide a link?

> How easy is it to get some decent european standard
> plugs for the Newton?

If you have an original 9 Watt 2100 supply, there are adapters for
German and UK power sockets that are simply slipped over the original US
contacts and fastened with a screw. Since the Newton power adapter,
when sold separately, came with both the UK and the German type, there
should be some of these beasts spending their life in some drawers.

I would, by the way, be interested in the German type, too, if anybody
has one to spare.

> his setup kinda sucks and I don't want to ruin =20
> my Newton's pristine condition by soldering the
> loose wires to it.

Whatever you do, DO NOT USE A THIRD PARTY ADAPTER. ONLY USE AN
ORIGINAL NEWTON ADAPTER.
Using anything else is one of the safest way to turn a Newton
into a paperweight within two microseconds.

Frank