Re: [NTLK] Massive subscriber list cleanup

From: Marco Mailand (marco.mailand_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 04:18:14 PST

at all during many trials. This ended-up that I got NTLK mails on two
accounts which wasn't to bad, in the case when I deleted a certain
message to quickly ;-)

However, with google mail I do not delete any message at all since
Augus 1st, this year, which added-up to 1000+ messages till now. They
consume 18MB which is 1% of the 2668MB quota. And I do not need to
search in archives because I can use the google indexing and search
features within my inbox as well as all other boxes.
I've created another gmail account too for private communication,
which I can use w/o problems thru my company firewall and of course
w/o LotusNotes. At home I can use Outlook or Entourage too because
gmail supports POP access.
Since gmail doesn't have a severe mailbox size limitation I've used it
for file transfer too. I created e-mails with attachments in the
drafts box which allow one to download the attachments wherever you
are or send them from wherever you need them. It's very practical and
the size is really impressive.
Meanwhile they added a feature to up- and download address books too,
which I havn't tested yet. However, the gmail addressbook is very
impressive too. Not the look and feel but it's functions. One can add
notes to each names card, like in the Newton, and identify categories
that way. By the google search in the address book it is extremely
easy to send e-mails to multiple recipients because the group
membership is not stored in a separate group list but in each names
card. It IS definitly easier to change a group membership per person
without remembering in which groups this guy could be or searching
thru all groups lists.

If someone want's to get invited to gmail by myself, just
mailto:Marco.Mailand_at_gmail.com from the address you want to get the
subscription info sent to. Only invited people can create a gmail
account.

Marco