[NTLK] Scrolling in NewtWorks / NewtSuit

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 23:49:06 PST

Subject: [NTLK] Scrolling in NewtWorks / NewtSuit
From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt () t-online ! de>
Date: 2005-11-27 13:19:34

>Also I'd like to buy another NewtSuit for my second MP2100:
>
>http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/newtsuit_review
>
>Marware, the original manufacturer seems to have discontinued
>it (small wonder). Are they still around somewhere?

Our Brazilian Newton friend Luiz Petroni has discussed doing something
like this a year or two ago. Luiz, are you still there?

Besides that, there's probably too much behind building things like
that. Neoprene can be bought as cloth (at least I know of a source in
Germany, and I assume other continents have distro, too), add a zipper,
mix (don't stir) with a sewing machine, and there you go.

Maybe there is a Newton enthusiast around with some time on his/her
hands who would like to research into this if Luiz is not available. I
think there's demand for one to several dozen 'prene sleeves for
Newtons, keyboards and other gear.

D.