Re: [NTLK] Newton 2000 Problem

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 23:30:24 PST

It seems we are missing the first line(s) of your mail.
What do you mean with "all the resets"?
Do you remember what you did before that happened (like installing a
package)?
I would recommend to perform the following steps:
1) give the Newt sufficient power (preferably via ac adaptor)
2) remove all PCMCIA cards you may have plugged
3) try to restart the Newt without packages/extensions (pen down on the
lower left corner - in portrait mode - while the Newt is rebooting)
In most cases it is an extension or package that causes the problem, but
this proven by step 3) - if the Newt works fine in this configuration.
If not, you have a more serious problem.

Cheers
Johannes