Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth unhappiness: Any advice?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 00:03:31 PST

On Nov 29, 2005, at 1:34 PM, DJ Vollkasko wrote:

> Dear NTLK, dear Eckhart--
>
> I'm having problems with transferring files from my PowerBook via
> Bluetooth to my Newton recently. Up to know, I've been able to mark
> several packages, drag them to the desktop computer's Bluetooth
> Transfer icon, hit enter, open InOut on the Newton and tap BTObex, and
> then the transfer would just play. Sweet, and I could transfer a batch
> of files this way, even containing files of 2 MB and more.
>
> Recently, this is not working any more. I'm transferring (or trying to
> transfer) several items in a batch. The first will show up in the In
> box, then the next will transfer nearly completely, but before it is
> shown in the In box, the whole thing aborts on my Newton. The error
> message tells me there is no sufficient memory either on internal store
> or the card I'm installing to (well, but THERE IS! On both! PLENTY!).
> And since a few days, this doesn't even work with single files
> anymore. I've just tried a package of 1,2 MB, which transferred nearly
> completely, and then the transfer went b0rk again.
>

> My joy in this technology is temporarily diminished, and I don't know
> of anything that I've changed on my setup that could have changed the
> perfectly brilliant performance to d'oh. Surely no fault of the
> hardware and drivers (Blunt and CardBluesSuite), but what then?

Perhaps the memory on the Newton is fragmented in some way? Did you
try backing it up and restoring it using NCU? That's what I would
try... I would try just a reset first, but I presume you already did
that.

Marty

PS Maybe there is a big bluetooth testing facility that just moved in
next door to you ;~)