[NTLK] [NTLK] Newton batteries

From: Andreas Nijenhuis (Andreas.nijenhuis_at_laposte.net)
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 07:11:03 PDT

Hello B,

The thing you just invented, exists already and is called the battery
tray. It works fine, but it's way less handy than a good batt pack inside
the Newton (plugin and forget, or plug and play if you prefer ;-).

Secondly, I think using Ni-MH cells (like the ones that came out your
batt pack) would be better : higher capacity, better recognition by the
Newton (used to Ni-MH) and lesser (or no) memory effect.

Thirdly, so to speak, I think that if you ask kindly Frank Gruendel
(www.pda-soft.de) to tell you what part to buy to replace the lost
thermistor (the "yellow thingy"), you will receive a very polite and
useful answer.

Here's his excellent page on the subject : <http://www.pda-soft.de/
mp2k=5Fbattery=5Fpack.html>

Best regards,

Andreas

Le samedi 1 octobre 2005, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
(newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net) a =E9crit :

>Hello all,
>My Newts battery pack gave up. So I gutted it out and
>tried to refurb it using some new ni-cads. Half way
>through the process I lost the colored current
>controller (That yellow thingy). I just can't find
>where I put it! Now I am wondering if I can charge the
>cells outside and then put it back into the pack
>without the yellow controller. Is it possible to buy
>that controller somewhere=3F Any advice will be most
>appreciated.
>cheers,

MessagePad 2000 (mis =E0 jour), eMate 300
<www.messagepad.chez.tiscali.fr>