[NTLK] Re(2): eMate 300 Battery Charge Question

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 05:36:48 PDT

Yes, but even if I leave the external power plugged in for an entire
day, the moment I unplug the power and then press the power button to
boot up the eMate it's dead, won't boot, nothing.

Still have to check out the 4 battery plug terminals to see if they are
putting out any power TO the battery to even try charging it in the
first place. I wonder if unplugging the battery from the plug in the
eMate, then plugging in the external power supply so I can check the 4
terminals for any voltage, or lack thereof, would cause any damage to
the eMate circuitry being that without the battery plugged into the plug
there's no load? Probably be ok though, worth a try. At the moment I
have the battery in the microwave, er, ah, um, I mean the Freezer ;-))))
for about 10-15 minutes to fool the eMate into hyper charge mode to see
if this does any good. Quick and easy to try anyway. If not, then I'll
move on to the above test using a voltmeter.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

If I get power FROM the eMate battery plug on the logic board then I"ll
move on to step C and "rebuild" the battery pack as suggested.

John

10/7/05 Mark O'Neil issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?