Re: [NTLK] First Newton Program

From: Andrei Chichak (newton_at_chichak.ca)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 13:08:56 PDT

At 05:39 AM 10/13/2005, you wrote:
>If I wanted to take a stab at coding my first Newton application to see
>what it's like what tools would you recommend for a beginner so as not
>to get overwhelmed yet test out the waters?

I would suggest playing around with the NTK. It is more like Visual Basic
than Clipper or C or other text file based languages. You paste widgets on
a screen, double click on a widget to change its behaviour, build,
download, test.

There were some articles on getting started in MacTech Journal and the
Newton developer's newsletters from Apple (perhaps in the archives).

Once you get used to the NTK you don't have to ask questions like "how to
do screen shots" or "what does this error code mean".

Start slow, but give it a whirl,

Andrei