[NTLK] The move to intel and NCU

From: WIley Wiggins (weevil_at_wileywiggins.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 22:59:39 PDT

Well, I finally got a new wireless card for my eMate, and I'm digging
through boxes of disks to try and find OS 9 so I can put classic on
my machine to run NCU... then hopefully I'll be able to get Works
documents off the newt and onto my Mac again.

I love my eMate because it's a cheap and paired down portable device
that I can write on & the battery lasts forever. I was thinking
though, isn't it true that the Classic environment is not going to
run on the next generation Intel Macs? That means that NCU will be
gone... and no one has come up with any replacement that will
transfer works documents. I suppose if I can install some sort of
mail program on the newt I can mail them to myself, but it seems like
an inelegant solution..