Re: [NTLK] eMate Battery dead after RAM upgrade?

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 17:03:05 PDT

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 07:28:57PM -0400, Steve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a memory upgrade for one of my eMate that I did installed
> today. Memory looks to be working just perfectly.
>
> But after doing this, It look like if my battery is no longer
> responding correctly. The eMate tell me that the battery is faulty
> and cannot be used. I have 2 battery, one that was dead, and the
> other (thsi one) that was good for 12 hours. But now, this one is
> completly unusable.
>
> Any idea?

Check that the thermal sensor is properly attached to the battery and
properly attached to the guts of the eMate. The faulty battery warning
means that the sensor is not reporting a sane value for the battery pack
temperature and thus the eMate can't charge it safely.

--
7. When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me,
   will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and