Re: [NTLK] Change "date sent" tag in SimpleMail?

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 17:04:42 PDT

Simon Bell wrote:
> On 17 Oct, 2005, at 5:35 pm, Michael C. Wittmann wrote:
>

>>Is it at all possible to have SimpleMail use the creation date of the
>>Note I am mailing as the "Date Sent" time stamp?
what you are really asking is 'How can I can hack mail?' well if you
have your own mail server you're halfway there. You could change the
time on your email server and that would change the time displayed but a
carefull person would wonder why the date sent was off from the date
recieved. I don't recall if the specifications allow for this as it's
been some time since I ran real servers.

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.