[NTLK] Handwriting Recognition for Ancient Greek

From: Deborah Mitchell (debbym1_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 00:30:36 PDT

Hi,

I'm (finally!) getting a 2100 for my birthday to replace one that was
stolen 4 years ago. One of my main avocations now-a-days is studying
Ancient Greek and I would like to be able to write Ancient Greek and
have my Newton recognize it. I have downloaded the NewtGreek font as
a stop-gap and am extremely grateful it exists, but would like to be
able to input sans keyboard.

I'm a software engineer with many years experience on Mac, Unix,
Window, Palm OS... er, I've done a bit of hobbyist GameBoy
programming and I dabbled a little with my Newton but didn't have
much time back then. So I could conceivably roll my own Ancient Greek
handwriting recognition, but was hoping for a little advice.

When my 2100 was stolen I was heart-broken. My husband told me what
he was getting me today, and I've spent entirely too much time
looking up all things Newton on the web, in celebration.

I must say I'm so impressed with what the community has done. And
very grateful to everyone who has spent the time to make things like
wireless connectivity, ATA compatibility, and all of the other
miracles of ingenuity I've seen possible.

regards,
debby