Re: [NTLK] [OT] Dell to Acquire Apple

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 11:48:27 PDT

On Oct 18, 2005, at 4:06 AM, John Hay wrote:

> It is rumored that Dell is planning to acquire Apple within the next
> 2-3
> months.
> Can anyone corroborate this?

No. Dell has made a nice business remaining platform agnostic, and has
NO clout with regards to innovation.

It might make sense in someone's mind, for Dell to own the best OS in
the world, which runs on Intel.

Michael Dell would laugh at this, though I wager. This would make him
an instant mortal enemy of Microsoft, which remains his key crucial
business partner. Remember, Dell has over 30% market share with
Microsoft, while Apple's rapidly growing share is now around 4%.

Actually I personally still think the IBM buyout could makes sense,
but since IBM has no guts whatsoever, they will not have any glory
either.

Marty