Re: [NTLK] [OT] Dell to Acquire Apple

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 11:12:01 PDT

Subject: Re: [NTLK] [OT] Dell to Acquire Apple
From: Norman Palardy <npalardy () great-white-software ! com>
Date: 2005-10-19 6:13:11

>>Hard times like what -- producing the most-used productivity suite for
>>the Mac, no matter what market share? Or exchanging patents? Or like
>>the time they bolstered Apple (an OS competitor, mind ye) with plenty
>>cash as a thanks for Apple pioneering the mass-marketed GUI thing?
>
>That cash was a settlement of outstanding patent infringement claims in
>the form os MS buying non-voting shares (which they subsequently made a
>boatload of money off of as well)

Yeah, just what I'm sayin', pure unmitigated love! Besides that there's
the continued commitment to MS Office, like I said before. The market
they serve with that is not so gargantuanly humongously gigantically
big to really justify that effort. MS has easier streams of revenue
they can and do tap. And Jobs and Gates are more-like buddies than say
Jobs and Amelio, or Jobs and that other guy, or Jobs and...

From: Miro <miroc () comcast ! net>

>> Sometimes I'm really lost by you people. ;=}
>
>Good. Just stay there :-)

Har, ye joker, I got broffers. Jus' so ye know. ;=}

From: "John Hay" <OceanCity () mac ! com>

>...... "you" "people" ? ? ? ?
>........... is this politically correct ? ? ? ? ? <GGGG>

'Pologies, John, thou light-o'-wisdom, and pardon me French, y'all.
Should ha' said "ye bloddy maggot-gnawed landlubbers". I stand humbled.
;=}

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed () yahoo ! com>

>wadda you want? "Youse guys?"
>sheesh!

Nar, Ed m'dearie, datz right, ye gotta get yer titulations straight if
annertheng, lest you end wid a Gordian ball o' yarn what ye cain't tie
up annertheng wif. And wot dat good for, pray thee.

Wif hearty "Triple-X marks the spot",

yer ole bosun 'Kasko.