Re: [NTLK] Internal Memory Expansion Project; Final Call

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 21:16:52 PDT

As for a poll... isn't there some Newton oriented phpBB forum site out there
which we could run the poll on? Running a poll on a phpBB is pretty
straightforward for people that don't even know HTML or web programming. Of
course anyone could whip up a little poll proggie in a few minutes (I
could), but if there is already a Newton hub using phpBB, then why bother?
You also woudn't have to handle the hosting question if you used an existing
poll function....
BTW, for a reasonable amount, I'd buy this upgrade... if I *knew* it
wouldn't f*ck up my MP2100 in any way.

It seems like another problem with this is the lack of available
test-fodder. I'd hate to see too many working Newts killed in order to move
this forward... sacrificial newts... both in order to test the final product
and, presumably, in order to create the final product (I can't imagine the
hack will work perfectly the first time through...).

Best of luck if this ever gets pulled off.

--
Its been so long,
and the groove in my heart is nearly gone,