Re: [NTLK] Wanted: Newton Keyboard/ Interconnect Dongle

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 05:15:40 PDT

RE: Newton Serial Boards . . . .

Regarding the Newton Serial Boards, to elaborate, they were generally
made in short one-time production runs by a few people/places over the
years, and I believe none are currently being sold by any retail vendors
over the counter as an "in stock" item, as this is there business and
THEY don't even want to be bothered retailing them. Therefore, as I
mentioned, you simply need to be patient and keep looking each day on
eBay, and/or post a notice here on this list to beg for one <g>.

It is ____remotely____ possible, if there were enough buyers ready to
step up to the plate and place orders at say around a hundred bucks a
pop and pay ____IN ADVANCE____, I MIGHT consider running a batch, but
even at that price is a waste of the highest and best use of my time and
I don't need the pittance of a profit I'd end up with anyway, not so
sound arrogant, but the only reason I'd consider doing this is under
those circumstances and even then it would just be as a good Samaritan.

Remember, ____YOU___ are free to do this YOURSELF ____right now____ as a
way, if nothing else, to obtain one, so think about doing it, and so will I.

If anyone is seriously interested about place a future order for real,
PRE-PAID in advance, I will consider setting all this up and fulfilling
orders. Email me OFF LINE at OceanCity_at_mac.com

My guess is I'll get about one or two responses on this, so most likely
it won't happen, so as I say keep looking and as they say "seek and ye
shall find". Best of luck, hope you get one, they are GREAT!!!!!! What
a terrific thing, if you can find one.

10/23/05 Phillip Jacobi issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?