[NTLK] 48200 & 48411 Errors, Ikes!

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 07:20:55 PDT

I was getting 48200 errors on my 2100 from time to time. As a try to
eliminate them I would do a soft reset, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row,
and the error would go away for a few days.

Now, I'm getting the same 48200 error AND another error 48411 as well.
If I do a few soft resets (holding in the rear reset button for a
second) neither of these errors goes away!

I don't "think", other seeing the popup screens note the above two
errors, that I am actually experiencing any "real" or apparent issues or
problems with my Newton, but who knows if something is truly corrupted
or if there's a true meaningful problem festering behind the scenes. So
I just go ahead and us my Newton day to day as normal, even with these
two errors after doing a soft reset(s).

I note form the UNNA error listing of errors at <http://tools.unna.org/
errors/> that these two errors have descriptions as follows:

Errorno: -48200
Category: Object System Errors

Errorno: -48411
Category: Bad Type Errors

The first one (48200) doesn't look as ominous as the second one (48411)
but not being an engineer I don't really know the significance of
either, and the "Bad Type Errors" sounds _bad_.

If anyone can fill me in on what I could or should do about all this I
would appreciate your suggestions. Short of backing up everything to a
flash card, which of course could in doing so "include" the cause of
these errors in a corrupt soup or data, and even reinstalling all the
packages from scratch and then restoring "just" the soups and data,
still might not rectify these errors if the problem is not with the
packages, etc.

I have not installed anything new whatsoever to my Newton after getting
any of the above two errors, so I'm guessing I'm up the creek.

TIA, John