[NTLK] Old Newton, new user

From: Joacim Melin (listor_at_melin.org)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 23:41:08 PDT

Hi all,

I got this old Newton on my desk. I just got it and on the front it
just says "Newton" and on the back it says "Newton Notepad" and it's
marked with a model number "H1000". It's also marked with a label
from the FCC stating that it isn't approved for selling or leasing
yet. Also, there is a service tag on it from "C.F.A Engineering". Is
this some sort of prototype?

It runs NewtonOS 1.02 I think. At least that's what I think I saw
when I booted it up for the first time. When I tried to set the date
for October 2005 it hanged at August 2005 and I had to take the
batteries out to put it back to sleep. However, now it won't restart
again.

I've never owned a Newton before. I sure like it but really don't
know if it's usable these days.

Thankful for all the feedback I can get.

Joacim