[NTLK] [WTB] Accessories I'm Looking For

From: Morgan Aldridge (makkintosshu_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 12:08:40 PDT

There are a couple items I'm looking to buy for my MP 2100:

* An extra stylus
* Screen protectors
* Dead rechargeable battery packs
* A battery tray

As far as the stylus goes, I will see if I can find one locally
(doubtful, but I have a few possibilities). I'm getting a little wary
of mine as the tip seems to be getting looser. Also, I remember reading
somewhere that LandWare, correct me if I'm wrong, designed a very nice
stylus for Palms and Newtons that was spring loaded and felt very
realistic. Was this only for the MP 1x0 series? If not, anyone have one
they'd be willing to part with? From the description of them, I highly
doubt the latter. :(

For screen protectors, are the NuShield ones the best to go with at
this point? If so, I'll just order from their web site. Cleaning my
screen regularly has prevented scratches, but I would rather not risk
it.

I'm looking to re-cell some rechargeable battery packs (thanks to
Frank's instructions!) and my only battery pack is getting _very_ weak.
Anybody got some they'd be willing to sell cheap for such a project?
What should I be willing to pay for them?

Also, although not as immediately as the above, I should probably pick
up a AA Battery Tray. Anybody got one they don't need? Or should I
order one from GEM or J&K Sales? Theirs seem a bit pricey, but I guess
it's not too bad considering they're long gone.

Anyone thought of remanufacturing something like batteries/battery
trays? Seems like something people would be pretty willing to pay for,
but I think we've got way to many discussions of "manufacturing
projects" what with the internal memory upgrade, the "Frozen Newton",
and the others.

I think the only other thing I need is the internal BlueTooth module,
but I'll be patient while Jake & Eckhadt put that one together.

Sincerely,

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant_at_makkintosshu.com