[NTLK] Serial port addition

From: Puckdropper (puckdropper_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 19:24:36 PDT

I've seen instructions on hacking the 2100 to install
a standard serial port. The method involves soldering
on the Newton's motherboard, a task I would rather not
undertake.

Rather than solder on the motherboard, I'd like to use
the header like the SER-001 board does and connect it
to wires/circuit traces and not run it through any
other circuitry. That way, it should let me have a
serial port for my 2100 without spending a lot or
tracking down what seems to be a hard to find part.

Puckdropper
Btw, I updated the NewtonKeyboard page on the Wiki.
Please feel free to add more and reformat the
information on there if needed. I couldn't get the
table to work for some reason.

http://mail.yahoo.com