[NTLK] ANN: Five Day Sale on Five Speed products (Dash Board, Wake Up Call) for Newton

From: Mason Mark (mason-newtontalk_at_fivespeed.com)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 04:03:00 PDT

Hello!

I'm writing to announce a sale on our Newton software titles, Dash
Board and Wake Up Call.

This sale is a sort my idea of an undisguised bribe to get people to
visit our web site:

http://www.fivespeed.com

Although most of you have probably never heard of me, some of you may
remember me as the designer and principal developer of Dash Board.
Well, since the beginning of this year, I've been serving as the
Product Manager of a new version of our Mac OS X product (called iGet).

It's not a Newton app (sigh), but it is the first time since Dash
Board that I've had exclusive dominion over the development of a
marketed software product. Which makes it Dash Board's little
brother, or perhaps cousin. So anyway, that's fun for me, but the
other part of my new job is the marketing side, of which my grasp is,
shall we say, a bit more tenuous... basically I am just try to do
whatever I can to get people to become aware of this new Mac app.
Journalists, end users, whatever... I bribe them with whatever I can,
essentially.

So, for the illustrious readership of the NewtonTalk list, the one
thing I can offer is a sale featuring substantial discounts on our
Newton OS products, Dash Board and Wake Up Call. So, until October 31:

Dash Board: $16.95 (normally $25)
Wake Up Call: $8.95 (normally $12)
Minspector: 100% off its normal price of $0.00

I think you can find some real-world opinions on these titles by
searching the archives of this list, but uh... I think they're great
(ha). You can make up your own mind though, since you can also
download fully-functional demo versions of these packages.

[Oh, and uh, while you're there, consider checking out iGet and
recommending it to your boss the next time she asks you for a better
way to transfer Mac files around the net... ;-) ]

The sale will be good through October 31, 2005. Sale prices will be
reflected on the order page.

Thanks for reading!

--
Mason Mark