[NTLK] OT: eBay question

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 09:21:54 PDT

Hi folks,

could somebody please shed some light on the following
issue (preferably within the next 10 hours)? Please reply
off-list.

If there is an auction with a current bid of let's say
50 USD, and the seller's reserve isn't met, eBay says
the current bit is 50 USD and the reserve is not met.

If I now bid 100 USD, eBay tells me that this sum does
not meet the seller's reserve. So far, so good, but
after my bid the current bid is still 50 USD and not
my 100 USD.

Puzzled...

Thanks

Frank