[NTLK] SUBMISSIONS! Halloween Challenge -- The Horror, oh, the Horror!

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 05:49:58 PDT

Subject: [NTLK] SUBMISSIONS! Halloween Challenge -- The Horror, oh,
the Horror!
From: mkow1234 () aol ! com
Date: 2005-10-29 2:15:57

Monster Island is up at
http://www.stillnewt.org/library/_Fiction/_Fantastic%20Literature/
_Horror/Halloween%202005/ in MP2k Portrait, eMate Landscape and Classic
formats, so everybody can get a scare (serious!).

Check the About.txt to be sure if you want to read this... It's quite
gory and scary and violent (hmh, ain't that the point of zombie
stories? But I wonder if all those guns and shootouts are not
considered part of wholesome family-entertainment these days... At
least they're mostly shooting *dead* things, anyway, right? ;=} ). And
it's a lot about brains. BRAINS!

Thanks to Matt and Jettie for newtifying this--I've added the Wikipedia
article on Zombies to their job to round it off (hint: David's three
(!) zombie novels are missing in that article yet, maybe a fearless
reader wants to check out Wikipedia and add some lines...)

Thanks to David Wellington to put his books up on the web (actually, he
wrote them as serialized blogs... creating an interested community
around that... pretty neat!), be sure to check out his website at
http://www.brokentype.com/monster/ .

'Kasko

MONSTER ISLAND

A serialized novel by David Wellington
http://www.brokentype.com/monster/

Please be advised that this novel contains graphic textual depictions
of violence and gore and is not appropriate for sensitive readers.

About the Book

Monster Island is a novel originally posted in blog format. It is set
in Manhattan, one month after New York has been overrun by zombies. The
novel is complete as of August, 2004 and commenting is closed (to
prevent spam) but you may still contact the author via email, or post a
comment.

Monster Island is the first volume in a trilogy. The second volume,
Monster Nation, is available now (2005). Monster Nation tells the story
of how the epidemic began and how it spread so rapidly.
If you've enjoyed Monster Island, we'd encourage you to visit Monster
Nation to get the full zombie serial experience.

If you'd like to contact, please don't hesitate to post in the
comments, or email us at contactmonster(at)hotmail.com And if you enjoy
the novel, please help spread the word by telling your friends and
linking to us; we're always looking for new readers.

September 3, 2004 11:00 AM

the Horror!
Date: 2005-10-29 2:15:57

[...] Just in time for Halloween, we present the three-part horror
novel, "Monster Island", by David Wellington. [...] Special thanks to
Jettie Hall, for taking the time tonight to edit the eBook for
orphaned text and to format the pages so that chapter headings appear
at the tops of pages, etc. For now, it will be available in the
"standard" MP 2X00 portrait format. If I get time next week, I will
transfer it to other formats. [...] It should be available very soon.

Matt K.