Re: [NTLK] Getting Things Done (GTD)

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 07:49:05 PDT

As long as we are all discussing our time management methods I thought I'd
throw my two cents worth in. I study PERT in college but found it too
complex for anything except large projects. Then I attended a Franklin Time
Management seminar. After that I was hooked on the Franklin method and never
went anywhere without my Day planner. I tried a couple of electronic
planners but nothing could hold a candle to my day planner. Then a friend
gave me my first Newton, a 120 2.0. It was great and the day planner went
into a box. But the 120 never quite met the needs like the day planner. Some
things it did much better and it certainly appealed to the geek in me but
time management was not quite as good. Well here I am many years later with
a 2100 and I have finally achieved the time management of a day planner. I
tried Newt To Dos and it is a great To Do organizer but doesn't use the
normal soup so doesn't play nice with other apps. Then I found TimeTrax.
TimeTrax handles all of my time management needs. I can layout the things to
do for a project, assign each one a due date and a date when to appear on my
task list. I can set the 123 priorities of the Franklin system and I can get
a day, week, month or even year view. It uses only the standard soups so it
play nice with DateView and Pimple. It also allows you to create three
categories of tasks. I set mine to Work, Personal and Other. I can view one
or all. It also splits the dates screen into Appointments and To Dos. There
are a bunch of features I've not mentioned here but I'm not trying to sell
TimeTrax, just explain how it has empowered me back to my favorite time
management method from Franklin.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41