[NTLK] User Map and possible EAST COAST NEWTON USER GROUP

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 07:52:38 PDT

Regarding the "User Map" at
http://www.newtontalk.net/map/activemap.html

of the NewtonTalk site I see that there are many users who are
identified on the map.
There is even a text listing of individual members tilted "People on
this map" which itemizes the individuals included in the list. Some
of the users listed even have their e-mail address posted.

Question: How does one become listed?

I may want to contact users in my geographical area and might even
consider starting an East coast user group. I was a member of the
New York City Newton Users Group who met monthly in the Citicorp
building on the 53rd floor where Apple's corporate marketing center
was located. Eventually the group disbanded and/or transmuted into
the NYCDAUG (New York City Digital Assistant Users' Group) at http://
www.nycdaug.org/

There is a reference to the original Newton User group New York City
Newton Users' Group (NYCNUG) here:
http://www.nycdaug.org/newtonInfo.html

. . . but alas, this start up group which was very well attended in
the late '90's is I believe gone as a group specific to the Newton.
Here, on this page is made reference to "Newtontalk.net" but there is
no mention of any ongoing or proposed true Newton User group on the
East Coast. Perhaps one should be started.

If anyone is interest in becoming a member of an East Coast Newton
User Group, hereby ACRONYMIZED as the "ECNUG" please email me OFF LIST.

Also, anyone interested in starting a NewtonNewbieLIst please email
me OFF LIST.

John
OceanCity_at_mac.com