Re: [NTLK] Wiki Glossary

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 19:33:52 PDT

In a previous message, Tony Kan typed vigorously:

>I have put a Glossary section into the Newton Newbie Guide area of the Wiki.
>Everybody is welcome to add in entries as they wish.

Thanks Tony. You might want to add a direct link to the WikiGlossary on
the main Wiki page. It took me a while to find it buried in the 'Newton
Newbie Guide' Section. Here's a link for those of you less patient than I:

http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/Glossary

>For Newbies looking for a definition that isn't there one can always insert
>an entry requiring a definition and hopefully the more knowledgeable will
>fill in the rest of the entry.

Keep in mind that I have already poured a ton of work into the existing
Newton Glossary [1] over the past four years, and Victor has provided a
searchable version [2] of it as well. It currently contains over 700
terms and is available in Newton Book format. If you are going to add
similar definitions to the Wiki, I would like to suggest that you use the
Newton Glossary as a reference (with backlinks please).

[1] http://www.splorp.com/newton/glossary/
[2] http://tools.unna.org/glossary/

g.

Grant Hutchinson > Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog > www.splorp.com
Newton > www.newted.org
Design > www.veer.com