Re: [NTLK] Newton ToDo Recommendation

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 10:12:51 PDT

Good point. How true. I guess what I'm looking for is a way to have
categories such as such as URGENT, NOW, SOON, RUSH, LATER, SHORT-
TERM, LONG-TERM, WORK, HOME, OFFICE, bla bla bla, and then be able
to assign each task a priority level from say 1 to 10, or at least 1
through 5 or 6.

Then I'd like the display to appear as some kind of an outline/tree
structure which which I could expand and collapse on the Newton. I
do NOT need any syncing capabilities as I have resigned myself, after
years of trying everything under the sun, to "normalizing my data",
i.e. one place, one time.

So, connectivity is not needed.
I like the expanding and collapsing outlining interface because it
allows you to see levels of your ToDos from the top down.
Don't need anything fancy, just practical, for listing tasks to get
done.

I don't really even need or want all the "start date" and "end date"
and "target date" etc. fields because I normally don't use them.
Nonetheless I have lots of great ideas and lots of tasks, and I need
a way to organize them. The timing of it all is not that important to
me.

I just want a really simple friendly way to create a Hierarchical
ToDo List.

John