Re: [NTLK] Missing modem protocol?

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 14:03:01 PDT

Having just done this myself, I can give you some good clues. Make sure you
have ModemSup.pkg loaded. Also ISPTmplt.pkg contains ISP templates, that
might be useful. Also make sure you specify your modem's location. Be sure
to specify the exact slot it is in. I was getting a "Resource not found"
error when I had it set to any slot. Works when I specify slot2. (see my

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/

Michael C. Wittmann said:
Hi, all,

For the first time in ages, I needed to use my modem. I have been
connecting via ethernet (over DHCP) at my work location. I wanted to
use the modem at home, and realized I did not have an appropriate
Internet Setup for it. When creating a new one, I found only SecurID
and UNIX options that weren't ethernet based. No problem, I could
work with that... except I couldn't! When I tried to connect, I was
told something like "missing protocol." (Sorry, I don't have my
Newton with me as I write.)

The modem "exists" (it's a Megahertz 28.8 modem) and I just want to
send a note out. What's going on? Any thoughts? Suggestions? Avenues
to explore?

Michael