[NTLK] TimeTrax License & dead Newtons...

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 15:38:25 PDT

> So, your point brings up a very interesting issue.
> What the @#$$%& am I gonna do when I have to switch
> physically to the next Newton in my stable and want
> to continue using TimeTrax?

a) If the mainboard on which the TimeTrax license is is
still OK, just transplant said mainboard to another Newton.

b) If the mainboard is dead, get in touch with the TimeTrax
people and try getting the license shifted to another Newton.

c) If this isn't possible, send me the dead mainboard along
with proof that you are a licensed user. The Newton ID resides
in an integrated circuit that shouldn't be too difficult to
swap. I'm not sure if I'd be doing something illegal, but
frankly I don't care. I firmly believe that people who have
bought a license of a software that is not time-limited have
a right to use this software for as long as they want on at
least one Newton.

Frank