Re: [NTLK] Re Memory Cards

From: Goodwin, Greg P. (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 09:05:17 PDT

        1 meg Newton memory cards (static ram) are a favorite for Atari =
Portfolio users that get that adaptor to use the PCMCIA cards. :) When =
your memory cards are 64 *K* and 128 *K*, one meg is a welcome change. =
Not too shabby for one of the first clamshell PC's from 1988. :D

       Newtons can use 5v and 12v linear flash cards, generally up to 32 =
meg. I've heard of some bigger, but those are kinda rare, and 32 meg is =
generally the largest you will find that are compatible. And of course =
Newtons are not compatible with all linear flash cards.

       Newtons can also use ATA cards (which also include compact flash, =
smart media, etc) with the drivers that Paul Gayot (?) write a while =
back. While not yet a truly reliable media for the Newton is works well =
enough.

      =20