Re: [NTLK] BT-001: Internal Bluetooth Card for MP2x00

From: Jake Bordens (newton_at_allaboutjake.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 03:49:19 PDT

On Sep 21, 2005, at 1:05 AM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> So it works with Blunt? That's pretty cool, but more info on how you
> have the connection setup software wise would be nice...

The BlueRadios bluetooth module emulates a modem. There is an AT
command set for configuring the device and connecting to other devices.

It isn't designed to work with Blunt. I'm not sure that it is even
feasible, as Blunt is designed to interface with a much more
complicated bluetooth module than the one I'm using.

The module I'm using pretty much supports a few profiles, the serial
ones (SPP, PPP, DUN) and Headset and Audio Gateway. In the future it
might be cool to hook up the audio side to the newt, however, that
involves extra hardware and soldering (the module is no longer "plug
and play".

The module "may" support the OBEX and FAX profiles, but the data
sheet I have lists them as "untested" by the vendor.

Also, something that might be done is get a "Freedom Bluetooth
Keyboard" which uses a serial profile to connect. A small driver
would probably be able to get the thing to work. I may explore this
further.

Jake