Re: [NTLK] BT-001: Internal Bluetooth Card for MP2x00

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 10:44:48 PDT

Jake,

your work is simply amazing!!!

if i understand well, your bluetooth board firmware is configured for =20=

serial port profile (SPP)
and you have connected it to serial port 1 of the Newton internal =20
connector, isn't it?

If so,
you do not need PT100 to make tests, NewtSync will work fast and =20
nicely instead.
Some bits of my personal experience about serial to bluetooth are =20
published here:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/WirelessSerial

If not,
maybe Blunt would be compatible with your board having a firmware =20
configured
for bluetooth 'file transfer' or 'push', instead of 'serial port =20
profile'.
In this case try choosing 'internal port' in Bluetooth Setup =20
preferences window.

[Consider that mine about Blunt are only assumptions, nothing more.
Never had the chance to read some words spent by Mr. K=F6ppen around =20
the argument
although having sent him many mails in the last months]

Note that handshake signals are not necessarily needed:
although most bluetooth adapters have 'hardware handshake' activated =20
by default,
NewtonOS makes use of them expecially when comunicating with =20
keyboards, fax, and some printers
while NCU, NewtSync, Escale, Newten make not any use of handshake =20
signals at all.

About configuring the internal connector, as i never received my =20
samples from JAE
i still have not been able to make tests directly, so i can't be of =20
concrete help to you,
but IIRC when a serial device is connected to the internal 3rd serial =20=

port
you should have it automatically configured as the default serial =20
port, isn't it?

If this not happens, did you try to short the PortSelect [pin1] to =20
GND [pins 29,30,31,32]?
(Please pardon me if you have already tried it)

Your board seems very well made,
and i hope you'll have the chance to put it on production
including the bluetooth audio profile and a socket for an external =20
antenna!

Regards,

Adriano Angelillis