Re: [NTLK] so, about dongles - one more question

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 13:14:15 PDT

Run a USB cable from your Mac to the Keyspan Dongle. Now the Dongle is
connected to you computer and you also need to load the Keyspan drivers
for you machine.

Now you need a cable to run from the Keyspan Dongle to your Newton. On
my Keyspan Dongle it uses a DB-9 or whatever it's called serial plug to
connect to a cable you may or may not have yet. The cable you need is
one of the DB-9 to the round Din-8. Right now it sounds like you have
some other kind of a cable.

Or.... if you Keyspan Dongle has the round Din-8 plug then you need a
Din-8 to a Din-8 to run from the Dongle to your Newton, make sense?

9/26/05 Koby Crooks issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?