Re: [NTLK] Re(2): Motorola Marco Wireless PDA (Apple Newton OS)

From: Gopi D Flaherty (gf2e_at_andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 10:33:50 PDT

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, John Hay wrote:
> A Marco just sold on eBay for $265.00!
> Must be a collector out their who just had to have one!

Wow. I bid on it up to $64, but I just couldn't justify more. I suppose
I'm happy it didn't sell for $70 or something :)

I just got off the phone with motient. Apparently, the ARDIS network is
still operational! It's been cut back a bit recently, but it's still
there.

http://www.motient.com/index.php

The lady I spoke with wanted to know some sort of device ID to figure out
if the network would support a Marco or not; I don't have one, so I
couldn't give that. They have two different plans, $19.95 and $49.95; you
pay $0.20 or $0.10 per kilobyte in overage. I couldn't get a definite
number on how much data was included standard - she mentioned numbers in
"pages." They normally sell service to Blackberry users, she said. I also
believe they have service for credit card terminals.

That does seem rather pricey, unfortunately.

Here's an old price list:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3649/is_199512/ai_n8722376