Re: [NTLK] Pimp your Newton?

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 20:36:34 PDT

I believe you are asking about software and packages, right?

But as for hardware, I have installed one of the standard SER-001 add-on
Serial Boards to one of my 2000's and one of my 2100's.
This is a small printed circuit board with components and a round Din-8
jack made specifically to fit and work in 2x00's.
It can allow the user to eliminate the dreaded Newton dongle, thus
cutting down on the number of things you might need to keep track of and
tote around. It also saves the Newton Interconnect Jack from wear and
tear thereby extending it's life.
These boards are usually around $35.00 I believe and you'll see them for
sale from time to time on this List.
Reference here:
http://www.members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/SER-001.htm
or here:
http://tinyurl.com/dxxav
Both URL's go to the upper one.
I have posted both to fight URL Obfuscation.

John

9/27/05 Koby Crooks issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?