Re: [NTLK] Newton 130 backlight doesn't work anymore :-(

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 15:55:42 PDT

> I enjoyed my Newton 130 for quite a while now.
> However 1 week ago I tried to turn on the back
> light and then it started flashing, and then
> nothing.

Have a look here:

    http://www.pda-soft.de/mp130fixes.html

In rare cases it can happen that the backlight foil
or the electronics on the mainboard is dead,
in which case you would have to replace the LCD unit.
You can replace that unit separately, re-using
the digitizer.

If you don't feel up to doing this repair, I can do it
for you, but since I'm in Germany, shipping cost might
be an issue.

If you open your Newton anyway, make sure to remove the
infamous plastic support and re-solder U43.

Frank