Re: [NTLK] Newton Books in Mozilla

From: Eric W. Brown <feneric_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Apr 03 2006 - 14:10:53 EDT

> The only device that I have that runs Mozilla is my desktop computer
> and to be honest i don't find the converted books to be particularly
> readable, however the text can be cut and pasted. This has allowed
> me to extract the text from a compiled Newton Book and reformat it to
> fit my Newton's display and to accommodate my visual needs.
Yeah, the intent at this stage is to get it to display faithfully as
it would on an actual Newton. It's pretty close to that now (I'm
working on images next) but setting the font sizes to match a Newton
screen is pretty painful to look at on a desktop system. I've got
two enhancements in mind for the display; the first is to check
through the potentially multiple renderings provided for each book
and automatically pick the largest that can display on the screen
currently being used, and the second is to allow a scaling up by a
factor of two or three to make more easily readable documents without
messing up alignment (which is often hand-tuned on Newton books,
unfortunately).

> Thank you Eric.

You're welcome.