Re: [NTLK] Stuck pixels?

From: Julian Wright <julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 12:17:13 EDT

Tyler Nichols wrote:

> Hmm, the first thing that springs to mind for me is a dying sector
> in the ram used to store the current contents of the screen (not
> sure if this is a discrete chip or part of the normal 4megs of
> operating ram), maybe.

If that were the case (or any other hardware related problem), I would
either expect exactly the same pixels to be stuck no matter which way
the screen was rotated, or for different, random pixels to be stuck at
different times (unrelated to whether the screen were rotated or not).

The fact that the stuck pixels changed only when the screen was rotated
(and worked ok when a drag operation was in effect) implied that there
was a software fault.

The screen memory is undoubtedly part of the same RAM chip used by the
heap, and not a part of the normal 4MB of internal flash memory.

Julian.