[NTLK] once more: ethernet, basilisk, os x

From: Michael C. Wittmann <mwittmann_at_maine.edu>
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 17:31:45 EDT

Greetings, folks,

Now that I've gotten basilisk up and running on my OS X machine, I am
stuck on a further level. Nowhere in googling or in the mailing
archive can I actually get an answer to the question of how to set up
basilisk to use ethernet. When I start AppleTalk, it says that I am
not part of any zone. When I start NCU and try to connect to it from
my Newton (via ethernet which does connect to NCU when I use
classic), the Newton doesn't find the computer.

Anyone care to walk me through this? I'll post my results to the Wiki
when done...

I have File Sharing turned on. Is that even needed?

I have AppleTalk turned on (from the control strip, not the Chooser)

I only have MacTCP, not OpenTransport, and am using 7.5.5 from the
NewtonDev UNNA location.

When using the Network control panel, I have Ethertalk turned on.

When using MacTCP, I have no IP address. My desktop G4 on which I am
running Basilisk is on DHCP.

Anything I need to know or do? All help is appreciated...

Michael Wittmann