Re: [NTLK] State of the NewtSync

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 05:56:59 EDT

On 4/13/06, Steven Frank <stevenf@panic.com> wrote:
> I guess before I take this too much further, I'm curious:
>
> 1. How many people are actively using NewtSync?

Well, when my Newton was working, yes, and I plan to get it to Frank
either this spring or summer for repairs, and afterwards, also yes....
so, while not at this moment using it, I would like it to do more than
one-way loading of my Newt, and with notes transferring also. ;-)

> 2. How many people would use NewtSync, but can't because of some type
> of problem?

I guess that would be me, too. :-)

> 3. What plugins are you using / would you use?

Hm. Good question, address book and Notes would be most important for me.

> 4. What would be your preferred connection method for NewtSync?
> (serial, TCP/IP, etc)

definitely TCP/IP!

> 5. How many of you are using pre-Panther systems? (Universal
> Binaries require 10.3.9 or higher)

Tiger, and maybe 10.3.9....

but please, please include TCP/IP. I can no longer do serial, and it
is so slow, anyway.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland