Re: [NTLK] USB-IRDA (was: question from Frenchman)

From: <LwBrown_at_Mail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 06:54:44 EDT

The store I got the unit from is at
http://www.CX.com.au
but the unit is not on their site (!)...

While on travel in Sydney this week, I just came across something that might work - I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it looks promising: the brand is "Hoya" and the product is a USB plug-in (looking like a tube of lipstick) that adds an IR-port - it's called IRwave, and it supposedly works for Mac as well as PC (I can't read the CD in my slot-loading laptop, as the CD is mini-sized, so I'll have to look at the drivers at home) -
the company's site is
http://www.irwave.com.tw/ProductShow.asp?Pno=IR721&CatalogNo=0001
some assorted drivers (apparently not for Mac - maybe it doesn't need one for Mac) are at
http://www.irwave.com.tw/Support.asp?ITEM=3
I cannot seem to find a US source, tho...