Re: [NTLK] using Serial-over-Bluetooth. Is it possible?

From: Thomas Tempelmann <tempelmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 15 2006 - 07:58:26 EDT

On 4/15/06, Eckhart Köppen <eck1003@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 14. Apr 2006, at 15:17, Thomas Tempelmann wrote:
>
> > Has someone succeeded in using the Dock using a serial tunnel via BT
> > yet somehow?
>
> This should be moderately easy, but requires hacking/extending the
> Dock on the Newton side a bit.

I wonder if you have understood my explanations in my original question.

I tried to explain that it's not the Dock that's the problem but that
Blunt does not seem to offer a raw tunnelling option but only a
"modem" option. And a modem option leads to invocation of the modem
setup slip. Why can't Blunt simlpy provide a new connection that looks
like a plain serial access port, similar to the existing serial port?

Understand what I mean?

Thomas