Re: [NTLK] Newtons and Palms together

From: D. R. <mrramsay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 13:57:31 EDT

Funny that Jon asks the questions below. I have went some time with just
using my Tungsten T and have found the same likes, as such, that he has and
over the last six months began to use them in tandem. I use the Newton for
it's screen size, intelligent HWR (been using Newtons so long that I have
virtually 100% HWR with the 2000's, Palm Graffiti sucks...why should I have
to learn whole new penstrokes just to get it to recognize what my Newt
naturally does). I like the way the Newton's native phone/address book is
set up, I like the graphics apps for the Newton, and frankly it's just cool.
The only problem I've had (admittedly not learning enough on the best way to
do this), is getting my phone/address contact info from my Palm to my MP2K
easily (yes, I said Palm to Newton). I can't emphasize how many times Palm
messed up in NOT designing volatile memory into the Tungsten T...if the
battery goes...there goes all your contact data, very convenient (SARCASM:
ON) if that happens when u are nowhere near Palm Desktop (sigh). In the
end, call it what u may, but the Newton MP2000 series has a coolness factor
that will ALWAYS outweigh that of the Palm PDA (IMHO).

That being said, I'd love to hear some of the ways folks are using both.

Thanks in advance...
Doug

peace,
Doug