Re: [NTLK] Newton book part specification

From: Eric W. Brown <feneric_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Apr 26 2006 - 16:43:40 EDT

> Take a look at the Mozilla Newton Book Reader (is a plugin for
> Firefox)
> I think it's open-source and does the job pretty well when it comes to
> read a newton book from a PC (so they must know the file structure,
> didn't they)

As the author of the Mozilla Newton Book Reader, I can say that both
are true (it is open source and I know the file structure pretty
well). Anyone who's interested is welcome to go through the source,
but I've got to issue the warning that it's really ugly right now.
Really ugly.

It's still alpha; I'm trying to get it more or less feature complete
within the alpha time frame, and I won't try and clean / optimize /
rationalize / sanitize / etc. the code until the beta time frame.
Anyone who's not in a rush would probably prefer to look through
something that's closer to the final release.