Re: [NTLK] Lucent WiFi card

From: Clayton Fixsen <cfixsen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 28 2006 - 11:58:54 EDT

it would be helpful to know what messages you get while trying to
connect. First, make sure you're not using WEP, it's easier to
troubleshoot. Make sure the access point name (SSID) is correct down
to the letter (I don't believe SSIDs are case sensitive, but it
doesn't hurt to make it exactly the same).

And Also, you might try configuring the card manually instead of with
DHCP and see if that is the issue. I initially had some problems using
DHCP (ironed out now), but could connect using manual settings, that
at least verified it was working. THEN I got the DHCP working (it was
a router setting I had messed up).

The string of messages you see when you attempt to connect would be
the most helpful to troubleshoot though.
 -Clayton

On 4/28/06, Eddie Roosenmaallen <silvermoon82@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> My friend just picked up a Lucent ORiNOCO Gold card for his 2100, and
> we're having trouble getting it to work.
>
> I can connect to the WLAN using my 2100 with a Belkin card (F5D6020),
> using Hiroshi's driver and Paul Guyot's Lantern patch and More Wifi
> Cards extension.
>
> The card is recognized in either 2100 (Greg's newt has just Hiroshi's
> driver) as a Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE, but it cannot connect to the LAN at
> all.
>
> The Lucent card seems to be model # PC24E-H-FC (5v, 16bit, 128b WEP).
> A quick Google suggested this is actually the IBM rebranded card (the
> front label is gone), but the "IBM Rebranded Lucent" driver doesn't
> work either.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Eddie
>
> --
> All a part of my diabolical plot for world domination...
> --

The snozberry tastes like snozberry!