Re: [NTLK] Going for a Newton

From: Dekaritae <dekaritae_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Aug 05 2006 - 18:19:54 EDT

Seb Payne wrote:

> d.) I've been talked to 'knowledgenavigator' (www.newtonsales.com) and I can
> get a 'good condition' 2100 for $189 which seems a lot to me. The $89 ones
> aren't in that good nick. Any thoughts on this pricing (I'm in the UK so I'd
> be interested to hear if anyone has a 2000/2100 for sale in the UK)?

I purchased one of KN's "$89" ones, and the condition is decent enough.
The nice texture coat is worn away where the flip cover contacts the
case, but that's just ęsthetic. The Newton battery is pretty much dead
after ten years, but it comes with a nice caddy for four AA batteries (I
use Energizer E²). There are a number of scuff marks on the screen from
use of the onscreen keyboard, but some hair gel and a CD scratch buffer
cleaned that up. You will want to avoid using any sort of abrasive glass
cleaner on it, that'll just make it worse.