Re: [NTLK] question about serial dongle

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 16:45:24 EDT

This port is problematic. The solder joint that holds it to the
logic board can also from. Seems that repeated connection and
removal of the usually tight fitting dongle causes this.
The SER-001 made by MrPCB man added a permanent serial connection.
He is no longer making it but thy can sometimes be found on eBay or
posted here.
knowledge Navigator also made a copy called the dongle killer. this
may still be available.
For other items that use this port see <http://notwen.com/products>

Woody